All in Pacific Standard Time (PST)
Registration & Virtual Orientation
Opening Keynote: PropTech and the future of Real Estate Investing
Technology is the way of the ‘new world’ and its impact is forever accelerating. Real estate companies and investors need to take an active approach in embracing property technology to stay ahead, current and in line with their global peers. Investor Forum kicks off day 2 with leading Tech innovators to talk about what’s new for 2021, opportunities, disruptions and how to make it work for you.
- The great disruption and the rise of technology – what is PropTech and why it should matter to you.
- Technology trends, risks, and opportunities
- How Canadian real estate companies are performing in the digital age?
Real Estate Due Diligence: What you need to know and how to do it right
Buying real estate is a big financial commitment. Performing due diligence to understand what you’re buying, if you are getting a fair value and if it will make a return on your investment should be your number one priority. But where do you start and what kind of due diligence should you do? Let our panel of experts guide you how to perform due diligence to save you time and money.
- What is real estate due diligence and why is it important?
- When should you do your due diligence on a property and how thorough should you be?
- What kind of due diligence should be done for investment properties and how do they differ from each other?
Real Estate Investor, Speaker, Coach, Mentor, Podcast Host
Mortgage/Lending Rates for the year ahead
The Bank of Canada hints at no interest hikes until 2023. Don’t miss your chance to join our experts as they provide their insights on creative ways to take advantage of the low rates to boost your investment portfolio.
- Creative acquisition strategies and capital structures
- How lenders view multi residential properties and what you need to keep in mind
- Forecasting rates for the year ahead and how to make it work for you
Mortgage and Investment advisor, founder, The Peter Kinch Mortgage Team
Senior Mortgage Advisor, Centum Financial Services LP
Gold sessions – Alberta On Fire Investor Team Ltd.
Networking Break with Open Discussions
Is short term, commercial, retail, and industrial rental dead?
What’s ahead for short term rentals, offices, retail and industrial real estate in 2021? COVID-19 has transformed every facet of how we do business and how we invest. With pandemic procedures in place and schools going virtual, what’s in store for this part of the market?
- Is short term, retail, and commercial rental dead or will we see a rebound in the near future?
- What are the long-term impact of COVID-19?
- Declining rental rates, income loss, struggling to find tenants – what should I do?
Director, Platinum Super Suites
The deep dive on property disclosure – A legal overview
Given the unprecedented market is now the right time to move into a rent to own strategy? What are the benefits and how will it impact your investment?
- Walking away from a home purchase – what are the consequences
- Join ventures and what I should know
- The COVID-19 impact
- Setting up your operating company
Senior Legal Counsel, Real Estate Lawyer, Field Law LLP
Is the future of real estate deals: Joint Venture Partnerships
With the many changes in the mortgage rules, investor interest in joint venture real estate deals is definitely on the rise! Learn from the magazine expert on JV’s about the dos and don’ts of joint venture partnerships, including discussion on alternative joint venture structures. This session is a high-level overview and where after you can join in-depth joint venture breakout in the Blue Orchard Group Lounge.
- What are some of the reasons for forming joint ventures? How do they work?
- How to attract/find joint venture partners
- Defining terms and responsibilities – who gets what?
- Key components of a joint venture partnership/agreement
- Alternative joint venture deals: partnerships that are not 50/50 – how to effectively negotiate and discuss terms
Founder Blue Orchard Property Group, Coach and Award-winning Real Estate Investor
Networking Break with Open Discussions
Closing Keynote: Psychology behind real estate investing and wealth creation
- Why does fear paralyze one individual yet fuels another?
- Why do goals seem to motivate some yet anchor others?
- Is it possible to be prewired or stuck at a certain income level or net worth?
CEO, Harry James Enterprises
Multifamily Investing, lessons from Investor Forums Expert
Attend this session to learn from a successful Canadian multi-family investor. How do you make the jump from dozens of doors to hundreds of doors? How do you then make the jump from hundreds of doors to thousands of doors? We will make sure to answer these questions. He will share his success stories and failures, what it took to get to where he is now, what were some of the terrible mistakes and lessons learned along the way.